Making Strides offers a program for scout groups who are interested in learning about horses and horsemanship! Our program runs approximately 2 hours (depending on the number of scouts) and meets the requirements of the Horseback Riding Badge
Learning Activities Includes:
• Tour of the Farm and “Meet the Horses”
• Everyday care of the horse
• Safety around horses
• Grooming demonstration and then a “hands on” introduction to grooming
• Introduction to basic riding, learning skills such as mounting, dismounting, walking, stopping and turning with the help of the riding instructor.
• Snack time
• Lets Ride! Sit in the saddle and take hold of the reins.... The instructor will lead you on a short ride in order to get the feel of how the horse moves.
INFO FOR TROOP LEADERS
There is a fee of $30. per scout
Payment is due the day of by either cash, check or Venmo.
All participants must wear closed toe shoes.
Scouts who will be riding must wear long pants and closed toe shoes. Helmets will be provided.
Our horses love their pictures taken so please bring your camera and be sure to tag us on Social Media! !
Parents must sign a Liability Form before their child attends the event.
For more info or questions please contact Kim at (845) 706-2847 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We Hope To See You Soon!!